The Ascent - Ronald Malfi

A good story by one of my favourite authors, but not his best. Tim Overleigh haunted by the death of his wife Hannah has departed on a journey to seek out the elusive Canyon of Lost Souls in Nepal. He is accompanied by a motley crew and under the leadership of his friend Andrew they embark on a perilous journey that will have devastating results and a bloody conclusion.

The real winner in this story is the descriptive and colourful prose as our happy band of travellers face the perilous conditions prevalent in the Himalayas. "In oncoming dusk, we dipped through a stone channel and found ourselves staring at the Himalayas, ghostly and blue and seeming to hover off the ground, in the distance. The range was spectacular in its grandness, its solidity, forcing even the most atheistic of mankind to pause and contemplate the existence of the divine."

A big thank you to the people at Medallion Press who supplied me with a free copy of this book for a true and honest review, and that is what I have written.